A Critical Analysis of Separation by R N Tagore

This poem(Separation) has been written by Rabindranath Tagore. He was a remarkable and significant contributor to the emerging history of Indian literature. He had not formal schooling taste even though he gave us a large part of literary work. He had given us unbeatable property as Gitanjali. Here, I am going to explain the poem that has been taken from the Gitanjali. First stanza of the poem, 

"Clouds heap upon clouds and it darkens, 
Ah,love, why dost thou let me wait outside at the door all alone?"
                             The poet starts with the bad situation of weather, he wants to say that clouds are getting darker and darker. The shining ray is rapidly darkening so oh my love, why are you standing me outside at the door. I think it's not comfortable, all alone and impatiently waiting for you. 

"In the busy moments of the moontide work I am with the crowd, but on this dark lonely day, it is only for thee that I hope. "
                                    In this stanza of the poem, he is explaining the common sense because every day everyone is busy with the work. People from morning to night work with the crowd but except that this dark lonely day is only for you, I hope like that. 
"If thou showest me not thy face, if thou leavest me wholly aside, I know not how I am to pass these long rainy hours. "
                                           The poet in this stanza, explores inner feelings because he is facing difficulties during rainy season outside in the sense of meeting with beloved. He says that if you don't show me your face after a long wait, I would think, you don't love me. A true love can never do like it because he requested that think about the weather in which I wait for you. 

"I keep gazing on the far away gloom of the sky, and my heart wanders wailing with the restless wind. "
                 The poet says that he knows about it and he keeps his concentration on you from far away. As we wait for the light of The Sun from the earth as much as distance between you and I. After a long period of waiting, my heart started wandering into the sky with high speed of wind. Finally I think that he is separated from love. He wants to eliminate the distance between him and his love but as I know through the words of the poem that love separated him permanently because no one heard his praying voice. This is extracted from the Gitanjali part 18.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summary of The Guide

Transformation of Indian Culture

Shakespeare as a great dramatist as well as a great poet.